Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, March 6, 2017

A New List for Monday

Monday is “Roll the Dice” day here, but before I did that, I wanted to get an extra step head and prepare the binding for my latest finish, “Whipped Cream and Raspberries.  Now it will be all ready to bind once I get it quilted.

P1030980
Whipped Cream and Raspberries

Then I needed to amend my List of Six.  With my stitchery bag and the candlewick quilt now completed, I need to find two more projects to add to the list.  That wasn’t too hard, I’ve got more projects than I want to think about!

So the list now reads:
No 1:  Animal ABC quilt – still waiting to be called up
No 2:  Horse Quilt number 2 for grand-daughter Megan, replaces the stitchery bag
No 3:  Winter Welcome Wall-hanging – another one still waiting
No 4:  Candlewick table runner using extra gifted blocks, replaces candlewick quilt
No 5:  Christmas Stars and Nine Patches – needs some more machine quilting
No 6:  Polka Dot Apron – waiting, waiting

P1030976
Six projects in waiting

And the dice roll today is………number 1, Animal ABC quilt, long tucked away in the brown woven selvedge bag.  And with the wonders of the internet and older blogs at my fingertips, it seems that I started stitching these blocks way back in 2012.  I had decided to challenge myself to make an animal ABC quilt, (for future babies in the family) and purchased a set of die-cut adhesive alphabet letters.  The starting point was a piece of left over fabric from a group birthday quilt I took part in ages ago, as it featured a good selection of wild animals.

P1030981
Wild animals to cut and applique

After having things tucked away for so long, I’m never sure what I will find inside these long forgotten projects.  But I had done quite well it seems, and  had stitched up 15 blocks so far, from A for Antelope to O for Otter.

P1030982
My first and last blocks

On looking through my collection of animals fabrics packed away in the bag, the next one will be P  for Panda.  Looks like I better get fusing and stitching.  And I wonder how many animal blocks I will get through this week?  There are a couple of meetings I need to attend, never ending laundry and kitchen duties, but I will do my best.

6 comments:

Kate said...

You've got such cute UFOs, Jenny. I'm enjoying seeing each one.

Jenny said...

Thank you Kate, what a lovely thing to say. I don't think I'll ever run out of things to sew!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Well I must say I am impressed by the number of UFO's you have...all neatly stashed away it seems. They are all so unique and lovely. The animal alphabet is sweet and as you found out already up to the P. Not that far to the finish, Jenny.

Nancy J said...

Like a little row of soldiers waiting for their orders. love those letters with the animal to suit.

Janice said...

It must be a wonderful surprise discovering that you have achieved quite a bit already. I'm sure you will make good progress this week. Each animal letter is an achievable mini project.

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love your ufo system. Enjoy your critters x