Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The dice rolls number 6

A new UFO gets to see the light of day this week. - number 6 on my List of Six.  All rolled up – what’s inside?  I remember now, I had cut and pinned several pieces together, all ready to start stitching.

P1020543
Pinned up ready to start stitching

The New Zealand inspired fabric is covered in cute little caravans, sun umbrellas  and red flowering pohutukawa trees, known as the New Zealand  Christmas tree.  It shows scenes of summer camping holidays by the beach, the sort of holidays we grew up with.

P1020548
New Zealand inspired beach fabric

I’m making an apron and a set of table mats to use in our caravan.  So far I’ve stitched up all the bits I’d previously cut out and pinned – straps for the apron, and started to assemble the pieces for the place mats. 

P1020552
Stitching the pieces together

Tomorrow we are heading away on a road trip in our caravan, so I’ll be swapping the sewing machine and this project for hand stitching my Christmas ABC blocks while I am away.  But I’ve made a start on this UFO – and each little bit helps, don’t you think?

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

Have a good time away Jenny, hand sewing is always good to have for those quiet moments. Fine weather and warmer mornings are ordered. We have had the fire lit in the early morning for at least 5 of the last 6 days!!!

Maria said...

What beautiful material and great you got a start before you road trip.
Have a nice time.

Kate said...


Such cute fabric, Jenny.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Loved how your granddaughters loved their presents from Grandmother. And that is the cutest summery fabric ever.

Janice said...

You're right. Every stitch is one closer to the finish. Cute fabric. I found some caravan fabric while we were in Victoria. Half a metre came home. Not sure what I'll do with it yet.

Elaine said...

Love the fabric!