Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Cut, Pin, Stitch, Press

It may have been a short week after Easter, but I’m really pleased with my achievements so far on UFO number 5.  I’ve been cutting, pinning, stitching and pressing like a woman possessed, this week. Raspberry pink sashing strips have been cut, a black setting square stitched on to one end, and then 9 strips together to go between the rows of blocks.

P1000088 
Sashing strips

Then I sliced and diced and stitched up about 20 more black and grey nine patch blocks.  I think I’ve made enough, but I won’t really know for sure until I start laying all the blocks out, and check how long I want the quilt to be.  If I need an extra row or two, it won’t be too hard to stitch up some more blocks.

And then I couldn’t help myself – I just had to start piecing a couple of rows together.   To be honest, I really wanted to see what it was going to look like, with some of the horse blocks in place.  What do you think?

P1000086
First two rows together

We have a busy weekend, appointments on Saturday and family lunch on Sunday,  so I probably won’t be doing a great deal more stitching.  And “fingers crossed” when I roll the dice again on Monday, hopefully one of my other UFOs will get picked for the coming week.  But then again – It might be number 5 again!

5 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Looking good! Do you use the magic nine patch technique?

Jenny said...

Don't know about that - do tell!

Annette said...

Looking lovely, your granddaughter is going to be very pleased!, keep the photos coming.

nestki said...

I think you may have outdone yourself. I like it a lot!

Anonymous said...

It's great! I like the horse in there, and that pink sashing really gives it pizzazz!