Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

G is for Gingerbread Man

Another of my Christmas ABC blocks is done – this time it is a rather handsome Gingerbread man clutching his Christmas stocking.  .  I must admit that I’ve never actually baked Gingerbread men at all for my family – does that make me a bad Mum?

PC310001
The letter G

I’ve completed this block while away on another road trip in our caravan.  We are currently staying on a farm in Ongaonga.  Across New Zealand landowners who have space and a connection to the NZ Motor Home Association sometimes offer room on their properties for fellow members of the NZMCA (like us) to stay for a few days.  As we don’t “freedom camp” on the road side, these properties give us safe camping in some delightful areas of the country.  We called into a laundromat to do a load of washing when we left our last stop-over, and on arrival at the farm hung it out to dry in the bright sunshine.  I have a dinky little travelling clothesline, plus I needed an extra line strung under the trees.  As I always say, “Happiness is clean laundry”.  Holidays or not, the washing still needs to get done.

We are camping here in glorious isolation, the birds are singing their little hearts out, and we’ve seen a couple of rabbits hopping about.  So there is plenty of time to relax and enjoy the rural surroundings, do a little stitching, continue reading my book, and nibble on a chocolate or two.  What could be more pleasant?

PC300063
Camping in pleasant rural surroundings for a few days

No comments: