Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Sewing – at last!

It’s hard to believe that it is now two weeks since we arrived home from our last road trip.  And it has taken me all this time to finally spend some quality time with my sewing machine.  Mind you – the machine had a holiday too while we were away, so Robin had to take a trip to collect it for me on our return home.  Barry, “you sew on them, I’ll fix them” checked my Bernina out,  poking and peering at all the important bits and making sure everything worked as it should. 

But it has been a very busy two weeks – what with catching up with the Sew Wot ladies, a Probus meeting, and spending the day with family on their property out in the country.  A visit to the hairdresser, and baking for afternoon tea with friends took care of another couple of days.  Not forgetting the flu jabs, a hospital visit, and several visits to the vet with Muffy.    Then there is my new job – as Newsletter Editor for my Quilt Club.   I had to write and produce my very first newsletter, always a bit scary using a different computer system, but I made it.  Hopefully, the next one will be easier, and I had good advice along the way too.  Whew – with all that going on, no wonder I didn’t have time to sit and sew.

I eased in to my sewing a few days ago with just a little mending, stitching up a hem here, and a small hole there, sewing small hanging loops tags on to a couple of hand towels which had lost theirs.  Nothing to major at all.  Then I spent a little time tracing and fusing appliqué blocks for my daughters birthday quilt so that when I finally got to sit at the machine, it will be all systems go!  And that finally happened today, I’m pleased to say.

P5100009 Sewing at last

I’ve been happily stitching blocks to my heart’s content.  Green leaf blocks in different fabrics and patterns.  They will go nicely with the pink and green nine-patch blocks I’ve already made.  But the big question is – will I have enough?  Once I’ve finished stitching the pile I’ve got prepared, I’ll need to lay them all out to see if I counted the number of blocks correctly.

P5100010 Machine appliquéd leaf blocks

3 comments:

Kate said...

You're such a busy lady, Jenny!! I'm looking forward so seeing your finished quilt ....

loulee said...

Pretty leaves. Looking forward to seeing how you use them.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just love your leaves. Did I miss where the designs came from?