Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, November 7, 2014

Finish it up Friday

It’s a great feeling when the final stitches are put into a project.  I’ve been working on two secret Christmas projects and happily now both are done and dusted.  One is going to be packed up and sent off overseas with a Christmas card and a newsy letter, and the other is a quilty gift for a friend. 

I’ve been wounded in action as I was hurrying to get these finished,  as I managed to cut a hole in my finger with my sharp scissors as I was snipping one of the last threads!  So now I can heave a sigh of relief that these two things have been completed with time to spare.  As they are secrets, I’ll just show a little smidgeon of the overseas one.  Once given to their respective recipients, all will be revealed, as I don’t want to spoil the surprises.

PB070002 Secret parcel going overseas

Another job I managed to squeeze in today was making some microwave Lemon Honey.  The lemons have been hanging around for ages, so I really wanted to get on with this job.  The microwave recipe only makes a small quantity, and I ended up with two and a half small jars.  Robin doesn’t eat Lemon Honey, so it is all mine!  I’ve found a scrumptious sounding recipe on the internet using some of this lemony goodness, so can’t wait to try it.   

PB070001 Microwave Lemon Honey

1 comment:

Kate said...

I look forward to seeing the gift you're sending overseas .... the sneak peek is very tantalizing. ^^