Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

And I’ve been doing???

A bit of this and a bit of that lately.  A little knitting, and a little sewing.  I’ve worked on several projects, but true to my way of doing things, nothing is quite finished yet.  This is what is sitting on my sewing cabinet at the moment.  The floral fabric is another of my “dressmaking” projects which has been half completed for quite some time.  I’m working on it steadily so hopefully will have something to show before too long. 

P1230009 A bit of this and a bit of that

And I’m amazed at how quickly the pile of squares has grown.  This is a mindless leaders and enders project when the squares are stitched at the start and finish of each seam of whatever else you are sewing at the time.  It works like magic, without even trying.  And uses up some of those scraps in the box that are just lying about.  This technique has been around for ages, just wish I’d thought of it earlier!

No comments: