Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

This and That

A wet Sunday, and thoughts turn to food.  Good hearty food, just because it’s wet.  So I was busy in the kitchen earlier today getting things ready for tonight’s meal.  Meatloaf is on the menu – haven’t made one of those for a while.  This will be served with roast vegetables and yummy gravy, not forgetting the greens.  And for dessert I have prepared a rhubarb and apple crumble.  I like to plan ahead so when cooking time comes around, everything is ready to pop into the oven.

I’ve done a little sewing too, just a bit by hand.  A parcel arrived in my mail box last week from Carol in South Dakota, and inside was a pretty new thread catcher to use while sewing.  This needed a little weighted bag popped inside to keep it in place on the table (or wherever it is used) and Carol had thoughtfully included a bag to be filled.  Visions of rice falling everywhere all over the floor while I tried to fill the tiny bag persuaded me that this should be a two person job and that I needed a little help. Robin held the top of the bag  tightly closed as I quickly stitched the seam together with a needle and thread.  There – job done with hardly any mess at all!

DSCF5174 Filling the small bag with rice

No comments: