Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

A New Quilt Shop in Town

Thanks to June of Junez Scrapz who alerted me to the new quilt shop in town.  Although we have moved away from the Hutt Valley, we had a few things to do in the area, so I took the opportunity to pop in to Quilt Works, at 517 High Street, Lower Hutt.  And what a lovely shop it is.  Adrienne was the friendly face behind the counter yesterday, and was quite happy for me to take some photos of this new venture.

DSCF3617 Lovely quilts on display

Quilt Works has a great range of fabric, from Kaffe Fassett, Japanese, black and whites, 1930s, batiks, Kiwiana, and I’m sure much more that I didn’t quite see.  Threads, buttons, trims, and a great range of scissors.  Lots of patterns and books too.

DSCF3619
DSCF3618 Views of the shop

The shop plans to offer classes next year, and as well as being a Bernina Agent, also sharpens scissors, (that’s handy).  I didn’t leave empty handed and bought myself a stitchery pattern for a cushion.  I just might make this to go in my new sewing room!

DSCF3670 My new stitchery pattern

5 comments:

Allison said...

It's always fun going into a new quilt shop - and I always HAVE to buy something too :)
Oh and have my photo taken outside the shop.
Merry Christmas to you Jenny. We are off in the van for Christmas by a river.

Nancy J said...

Jenny, your new header photo, are they placemats, wall hangings, or oblong blocks? Lovely design, and the new shop... I will try so hard to stay away till I really need more fabric,loved the quilt on the right hand side, lovely. Greetings from Jean

texascraft said...

Quilt shop looks lovely love the lavender quilt on the wall

texascraft said...

Your new stitchery will look lovely when worked

Jenny said...

Yes, it's great fun going in to a new (to me) quilt shop. I have only been disapointed once when the shop owner wouldn't stop talking on the phone to acknowledge me inside her door.
But this shop, like most, had a very friendly and pleasant staff member.