Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Do you send Christmas Cards?

Some people I know have had enough of the whole Christmas Card performance each year.  It all takes so much time, buying the cards, writing each one, adding special messages or letters to those who we don’t see very often, buying the stamps, and finally posting the cards.  Of course, overseas cards have to be done early so that they don’t miss the cut off time.  I still write cards but try to cut down a little if I can.  I know that some people have washed their hands on the whole Christmas Card issue, and perhaps send e-mails instead.  My lovely pen friend Rose from UK sent me a copy of this poem (enclosed in her Christmas Card) and I would like to share part of it with you. Guess I’ll still be sending cards as I know it means a lot to some, especially those who live alone. 

I have a list of folks I know, all written in a book

And every year at Christmas time I go and take a look

And that is when I realise these names are just a part

Not of the book they’re written in but of my very heart

And every year when Christmas comes I realise anew

The biggest gift that life can give is knowing folks like you

And may the spirit of Christmas that forever and ever endures

Leave it’s richest blessing in the hearts of you and yours

 

Merry Christmas to friends, readers and fellow bloggers.  May you all have a Happy Christmas with family and friends, and if travelling, stay safe.

1 comment:

Lis Harwood said...

Merry Christmas to you too, have a lovely time.