Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thank You for Helen’s Hearts

Helen’s Heart quilt was completed very quickly, as she was going into hospital for an op.  Even so, I was really pleased with how it turned out and Helen was unaware I was making it for her.  She sent me a lovely “Thank You” card and wrote:
“Wow, what a lovely surprise your beautiful quilt was.  I felt humbled, special, and very much cared for.  Everyone who comes around admires it very much, thank you so much for the stunning quilt”.
As quilters, we like to make Healing Heart quilts for friends and family in need.  In fact, sometimes we feel compelled to work as quickly as we can for as long as it takes to get such a quilt completed.  It defines who we are and what we like to do.  Nevertheless, it is heart-warming too when we receive such a lovely thank you.  It was an honour to make Helen’s quilt for her, and her appreciation is all the thanks I need.
DSCF6186

No comments: