Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Off to the Quilter

Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to the quilter I go! I packed up my black and white quilt and the pieced backing and travelled over the hill to Wainuiomata to meet up with Long-arm quilter Julie. Julie lives on a rural property with bantam chooks running around. .

DSCF4143 Cock-a-doodle-doo

Polly the dog was put inside the house and looked forlornly out of the window, she really wanted to join in the fun. Polly is the sort of dog that will lick you to death, Julie said. Oh look, there’s a quilt on the bed. Julie makes quilts for herself, as well as quilting them for others.

DSCF4142 Polly wants to come and play

We went into the quilting studio and got down to business. I wanted some sort of swirly all over design on the quilt so we pondered over the pattern books. There were several nice possibilities and I finally narrowed it down to one. What colour thread did I want? Mmmm, that is always an interesting decision. Julie spread some black, white and green threads across the quilt. Then she brought out a variegated black and white spool. That’s the one, I decided. All decisions made, I left the quilt behind for Julie to work her magic on it. It should be completed in a couple of weeks.

DSCF4141 My pumpkin bag and quilt top on the quilting machine

1 comment:

Frances Leate said...

Thank you Jenny for your lovely comment. I am looking forward to seeing your quilt all finished. Happy stitching!!!