Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Off to visit Linda and Peggy

The reason for our trip to Taupo is to take my candle wick quilt top to Linda of Razzle Dazzle Quilter to work her magic on it.  Linda had previously quilted my Hearts in Bloom quilt  and I was so thrilled with her work, I knew I would be asking her to quilt another top for me before too long.  When we arrived here in Taupo Robin casually asked me, “you did pack your quilt, didn’t you?”  Oh my goodness, I certainly hoped so – better go and check.  There is was, together with the backing, safely packed away. 

P1050348
Thank goodness I’d remember to pack this bag

We arrived to see both ladies in their studio.  Peggy has a spot to sit and sew on her domestic sewing machine while Linda works on her wonderful hand guided quilting machine.

P1050367
Peggy and Linda in the work room

Back in the house I got my quilt top out of the bag.  This has been a long time in the making, as I explained to Linda.  Most of the candlewick blocks were stitched at night in various B & Bs while we toured around England, Scotland and Ireland way back in 1999!  I had some extra blocks gifted to me and used them in the corners, and finally assembled the top several months ago.

P1050368
Linda checking out my quilt top

I’m sure whatever designs Linda comes up with will be gorgeous – she knows I like feathers and McTavishing (things I cannot so myself) and there is plenty of “blank spaces” on the quilt top to fill up with her trademark quilting.  So we left the top in her care, and said our goodbyes.  But not before we stopped to admire this beautiful cat, laying in a basket on top of a pile of soft patchwork balls – quite happy and not at all bothered by the visitors.

P1050369
Who is a pretty boy, then?

Stopping at the Look-Out point on the way back to camp, we gazed across Lake Taupo.  The mountains were not to be seen, hiding as they were behind the clouds.  Taupo is a lovely place but rather chilly in the winter with cold winds blowing straight off the mountains and across the lake.

P1050371
View from the top of the hill

6 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Ahh, just as I suspected. I'm eager to see what stitching and texture Linda will use to embellish the quilt. Linda's work is always amazing!

Maria said...

Phew ! That would be awful if you had of forgotten the Candlewick Quilt.
Sew looking forward to seeing the magic linda is going to work on your special quilt.

Thank you Jenny , your pattern arrived today. It's in the to do pile sew I hope it won't be too long before I get round to making it....

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your quilt is in safe hands it seems and will be so beautiful quilted. What an interesting place and I love eclairs and esp. with a little chocolate on them. I keep noting how many quilters have cats...a lot it seems.

crazyquilter said...

It was lovely to see you both again.
I had not realised how much you had 'captured' while you were here - thanks for sharing about your visit with us.
No doubt we will be seeing you again sometime.
Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Exciting anticipating your finished quilt. Look forward to seeing the completed quilting. So glad you didn't forget it xx

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing what she does, and to a close-up. I know what candlewicking is, of course, but I can't think how it works on a quilt. =) I'm ready to be educated!