Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I’ve got my Fingers Crossed

Here I am, all set yesterday for a trip to Palmy.  The weather was glorious, bright and sunny, and that’s why I’m squinting!  And I’ve got my newly finished “quilt shop” bag over my shoulder.  It’s only right and proper that I take it for a trip, as I was planning a little quilt fabric shopping later in the day.

P1030948
All ready for a day out

But there was a serious reason for our trip.  I was booked in to have a mammogram, as it’s an anniversary of sorts.  A year ago I had “that” mammogram which found my breast cancer.  It was caught early, and I had treatment to follow.  So this current mammogram is a follow up to make sure that everything is as it should be.  The radiographer was kind and as gentle as she could be, and told me that all of the doctors concerned with my previous care would be getting copies of the x-ray, and the results would take up to two weeks to process.  So I’m keeping my fingers crossed for good news.

After that bit of business was out of the way, we took ourselves off to lunch.  My daughter Nicky had given me a voucher to spend at Speight’s Ale House for my birthday last October, so it was a good opportunity to cash it in.  What to order is always difficult for me, especially with so many dishes sounding great.  Finally, I decided on Salmon, and Robin had a beef, bacon and mushroom Pot Pie.  Both delicious.  We sent a snap chat photo to Nicky’s phone  to show me enjoying my birthday treat.  And what a surprise when five minutes later she walked into the restaurant.  She was taking part in some staff training in Palmerston North and popped in during her lunch break.

We stopped at the Spotlight store as I was after some fabrics for a special quilt.  I can feel another horse quilt coming on, this time for grand-daughter number two, Megan.  Megan is just as crazy about her horses as her older sister Emma is, so I’m sure she will appreciate a horse quilt too.  Watch this space!

P1030950
The start of another horse quilt

4 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

I am sending you positive thoughts for great results. I know how difficult that waiting for test results is. I am so glad you treated yourself afterwards. Xx

Nancy J said...

Well, no serious visit should be without some quilty shopping. And Spotlight has some fab fabrics, including that quilting alcove. Fingers crossed here too,.XXX

Janice said...

What a productive day. I think you deserved to enjoy a yummy lunch after your check up. We discovered Speight's Ale Houses when we visited NZ 2 years ago (can it be that long ago) and enjoyed a very nice meal at the one at Invercargill. I wonder if my friend Anne served you at at Spotlight? We'll enjoy watching Megan's quilt evolve. I wonder when it will join the dice roll?

Raewyn said...

Good luck with your results Jenny. It sounds like you made the most of a day out - a nice lunch, some shopping and time with your daughter - a good distraction as to why you were there in PN!