Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Something I Prepared Earlier

We’ve returned home from our latest caravan adventure, and I could hardly wait to stitch the binding on my wonderful new quilt.  Luckily I had prepared the binding earlier so it was all ready to apply.  And I’d stitched a small applique flower onto some fabric, all ready to complete the label.

P1030792
All prepared earlier, started the label and made the binding

Next step was to wrestle that big heavy quilt and stitch the binding on.  I just took it slowly, and carefully, maneuvering the quilt around bit by bit.

P1030794
Stitching the binding

I always get into a bit of a pickle when it comes to cut and join the two ends of the binding together when I reach the end.  Brainwave – why don’t I find the exact way to do it on Mr Google, and print it out for next time?

Now the binding has been stitched on, I’ll pin it in place, and start hand stitching it down – that will take me a while.  But it doesn’t matter, it’s quite a restful job to do, I find. 

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

The finish to a stunning quilt, and Linda did her magic there too, and a label to match, you are all sorted.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Golly, you weren't kidding when you said you were already to go! Looking good.

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

Oh I love hand stitching binding on, it's so restful!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I am caught up once again on your posts, Jenny. Loved the photo of you knitting at the laundromat. A great way to kill the time waiting between loads. Your latest quilt is just beautiful. So nice to see these lovely finishes.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done Jenny....I really enjoy hand stitching the binding down....like you said, its restful. Plus you can enjoy looking at your lovely quilt x