Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

1 Day Sewing and 5 days Camping

Not much time has been spent sitting at the sewing machine here lately. I spent last Monday sewing borders on my candlewick quilt, but only managed to attach them to two sides of the quilt top, not the four sides as I had hoped.   And then we have been away for 5 days in our caravan enjoying wonderful weather.  Looks like the weather has finally settled, and Summer is here at last.  I took my stitchery blocks with me, and spent a little time working on them, not quite finished so nothing to show just yet. 

We have been camping – first at Ashhurst, a favourite place to stay, and then we moved on to the beautiful Pohangia Valley.  On our first morning there we awoke to find mist hanging low in the valley.

P1030890
Misty morning in Pohangia Valley

Several of our caravan club ladies were keen to see my new quilt for the bed in our caravan, so of course I was more than happy to show it off.

P1030822
“Hearts in Bloom” on the caravan bed

As well as spending time with our caravan friends in beautiful surroundings, whiling away the hot afternoons by sitting outside under large shady trees, we also explored this lovely valley.  And came across a whole paddock of tall, nodding sunflowers.

P1030911
Sunflowers everywhere

A group of us walked down to the local café to enjoy a Devonshire Tea – that was fun.  I am always so pleased that café staff happily take photos when requested.

P1030919
At Country Fayre Café

I purchased honey next store to the café which used the honesty box system – take the honey out and place your money in the slot, so trusting.  Then we discovered a local cheese maker and being very partial to a nice piece of cheese we just had to stop for a tasting.  And of course we ended up taking some home.

P1030932
Cheese tasting at Cartwheel Creamery

Who would have thought there was so much happening in such a tiny place?  There were a couple of other attractions in the valley too, but we will have to leave them till our next visit.

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

It is always lovely up there, no matter what time of the year. I think those more remote country areas have so much going on offer, and your quilt looks beautiful.

Tired Teacher said...

I love traveling to new places via blog photos. Thanks for taking me along.

Maria said...

A lovely place to visit with lots to do...
Your quilt looks amazing on your bed and no wonder you're happy to show it off. It's beautiful.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Good fun Jenny. And doesn't your quilt look,just beautiful!