Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, October 19, 2015

October Allcomers Stitching Day

I had to miss out on the October Stitching Day because we had a BIG family birthday to celebrate (mine) and family arriving for the weekend.  Which meant extra meals to cater for, and every thing else which goes with visitors arriving.    But I did manage to pop down to the hall for morning tea to take a few notes and photos for the club newsletter.  As soon as I walked in the door, the  ladies burst into song, all joining together to sing me Happy Birthday.  That was so nice, and such a lovely surprise.  Val had baked some of her world famous Ginger Gems to share for morning tea – so kind, she knows I really love them.

PA170072 Val with her Ginger Gems

There were about a dozen happy ladies stitching away.  My Sew Wot buddies Moira and Rae had popped in just for the morning, and were busy doing their hand stitching together at the round table.  Janneke was working on another charity quilt, and Jeannette was finishing off a pair of floor cushions for her grand-daughters.  And I loved Ruby’s project, she was making “Star Burst”, a Susan Claire design.  With all the stars completed, Ruby was now making lots of little filler blocks with tiny coloured squares in the middle. 

PA170075 Ruby’s Star Burst project

Cats seemed to be the flavour of the day, and Madalyn was happy for me to  rearrange her lovely quilt to photograph.  Such happy lovey-dovey cats they are too. Alison’s theme  was cats too.  Her cat blocks with their individual expressions were stitched in a mixture of grey and taupe fabrics.

PA170076 Madalyn’s cat quilt

PA170074 Alison’s cat blocks

I left the ladies to their stitching day and returned home.  With visitors expected for the evening meal I was busy in the kitchen, whipping up a bacon and egg pie, then a rhubarb crumble for dessert, ran around with the vacuum cleaner and flicked the duster around.  Whew!  I needed a sit down after that lot, I can tell you.

3 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Love those kitties. That Star Burst is superb isn't it. I have Debbie's one up as my blog header. I had a ball quilting that.

Hope you have or is it had a nice Birthday

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Sounds like you had a well feted birthday! Aren't those quilts lovely. You are surrounded by inspiration, Jenny. And I'm looking up Ginger Gems.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the projects. I loved seeing what people were doing, and the ginger gems look yummy!