Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Birthday Quilt is back home

I’m so pleased to have my daughter’s birthday quilt returned home from the quilter.  And I just love how Paula from Rabbit’s Patch Quilting has quilted it for me.  I had a couple of requests, but the rest was up to her. As it is for a gift, I can’t show the quilt in all it’s glory yet – but here are a couple of peeks.

P8190023 The back of the quilt – all freehand

My job today was to machine stitch the binding on.  I know I carefully measured it when I prepared the binding – but this quilt is big, and I was terrified that I would run out of the binding before I got to the end.  That didn’t happen, of course.  Now I have to fold it over, hand stitch it down, and add the label.  And I’ve got a week to get it done – so I should have plenty of time to get this last part of the process finished. 

P8190024Stitching the binding on

We are having a Birthday Lunch for my daughter’s 50th birthday next week, and I will present her with her new quilt then.  Nicky had some input with the colours and design so  I’m sure she will love it.

3 comments:

Kate said...

The birthday quilt is beautiful, Jenny. Your daughter should be delighted with it!

Nancy J said...

Looks beautiful, and what colours, glorious choices. Happy binding.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a magnificent gift to make your daughter's very special birthday. A true labour of love!