Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, November 28, 2014

For a little someone

I don’t know who will be getting my latest knitting finish – a little boy’s jumper.  But as I keep reminding my (grown-up) grand-daughters, I’ve got knitting tucked away all ready and waiting for the next generation.  The girls roll their eyes at me and say, “Nana, we are not having any babies!”.  Perhaps not straight away, but surely sooner or later a new little someone will arrive in the family.  I can certainly hope, can’t I?  In the meantime, the items in my baby box are slowly growing.  And just in case you think I’m getting much too clucky, I’m really just being thrifty, using up some odds and ends of wool that I have tucked away in my knitting basket.

PB270045Another one for the baby box

And I’ve just finished knitting up my two balls of bargain priced knitting cotton,  purchased from the Hunterville Co-op Craft shop last month.  I’m rather pleased with how my two new dusters turned out – they are so nice and white, it will be a shame to use them and get them grubby.

PB270046 Two new cotton dusters

So, what shall I knit next?  I know – I’ve got a few balls of fluffy pink wool to make another little something, this time for  baby girl.  Don't get me wrong, I’m not a knitting fanatic by any means.  And I don’t do a lot of knitting all the time, but sometimes  it’s quite nice to have something to pick up while I’m watching TV in the evenings. 

No comments: