Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Maple Leaf quilt almost finished

I’ve been working away quietly at the Maple Leaf quilt, trying to get the quilting finished.  Since my Bernina has come back all nicely serviced, it has certainly been busy again.  The serviceman Barry showed me a couple of pointers on free motion quilting that I must have known at one stage, but had completely forgotten.  With my new found, or should I say, remembered knowledge, the quilting went very well.  My maple leaf blocks now have “leaf” quilting in them, all done freehand.  Not too bad, if I do say so myself, and I’m rather pleased with my creativity.
 P3200008 Maple leaf quilting

This quilt is another one that has been languishing half forgotten for much too long.  But the next step is the binding, so I’m getting there!

2 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Very nice quilting. Perfect for your quilt
Linda

loulee said...

Looking good.
Still waiting patiently here for my machines to arrive. :-(