Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wright’s Fabrics of Morrinsville

Quilters nationwide know Milton of Wright’s Fabrics in Morrinsville.  He travels the country extensively, attending quilt shows as a merchant, with his wonderful range of batik fabrics.  As luck would have it, we are currently camping at a dairy farm in Morrinsville.  And, as I told Robin, I really need to go to town to check out Milton’s shop!

P2250001 Camping in Morrinsville

With a shop full of beautiful batiks it was hard to choose.  But I managed to find a couple of fat quarters which would work well in a new project, plus some plain white cotton. Sounds a little boring when I could be buying something more colourful, but I need it for one of my many UFOs.   The batik prices are very reasonable and Wright’s Fabrics always have such a great range.

P2250010Lots of lovely colours

Milton was his usual chatty self,  and waited patiently while I dithered around.  He is off on another trip to the South Island, he said, so has a lot of packing to do to get his stock organised.  He happily wrapped my small purchase, chatting to Robin who had come into the shop to find me.

P2250008Milton of Wright’s Fabrics

Nice friendly service at this shop, plus a website for online purchasing available.   He is taking his stock down to Kapiti Coast shortly, so I may well catch up with him and his batiks again soon.

P2250007 Tee shirt tells a story!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Kapiti Coast, mmm...how do you know when and where he is going to be? As if I need anymore fabric but I love batiks!