Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Stitching in the Sunshine

Spent a bit of time yesterday as the sewing machine, finishing off the quilting on my eagle wall hanging, then sewing the binding on.  I took advantage of the lovely warm Spring weather today and sat outside at the picnic table pinning then stitching the binding down.  It may be little but it still took me ages to sew right around.  Here’s a peek at what I’ve been working on.

P9150021 Just a little peek

P9140017Backing fabric 

The hanging sleeve and label will be next.  Then I have a few embellishments to add, and I may well need some advice on how best to attach them.  Luckily my quilting buddies,  the Sew Wots  are meeting at my place on Tuesday, so I’m sure I will get plenty of good advice from them.  Guess I’ll need another stint on kitchen duties to whip up a few tasty treats for morning tea for when they come.

No comments: