Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Not much of a day, weather-wise

Here in my part of paradise the weather has been rather “wintery” for the last few days.  Cold, wet, and miserable, in fact.  Just the sort of weather that leads me to get my big stock pot out of the cupboard, and prepare soup for lunch.  In went the bacon bones, a handful of barley and split peas, chopped onion, carrots and parsnips and some greens, and it simmered away till lunch time.  You just can’t beat home made soup, in my opinion.
 
The only sort of stitching I did in the afternoon was some mending.  I felt quite virtuous when I had repaired two pairs of jeans.  My old jeans needed taking in – not, I hasten to add because I have lost weight, but because the “stretch” in the denim has disappeared.  They were looking rather saggy baggy so there was only one thing to do.  I laid them down on the floor, put another pair over top to use as a pattern, and cut them down to size.  A few seams later and they certainly fitted much better.  Robin’s jean’s had a couple of small holes which didn’t take too long to fix, then I repaired a pocket on his shorts.  There – the mending’s all done – so next time I sit at the sewing machine it will be to do something quilty.

DSCF1925 Mending Robin’s jeans

Being such a miserable sort of day a nice roast dinner fitted the bill.  The delicious smell of roast pork filled the kitchen, with assorted roast veggies, gravy and brussell sprouts, and apple crumble with cream for dessert.  And very nice it was too!

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Oh yum your cooking sounds like real "comfort food"
Cheers
Linda