Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Will I have enough?

We are busy packing up the caravan for our fast approaching “South Island Odyssey” caravan trip, and plan to be away for three months.  As I’m known to be a keen P&Qer, friends have asked me if I’m packing my sewing machine too.  No, I’m not, as I expect we will be kept busy exploring all those wonderful out-of-the-way places down south.  But I have traced off several stitcheries – just hope I’ve have enough.  So think of me sitting beside a lake somewhere, or looking out over the coastline, or maybe gazing in awe at one of those fabulous mountains with my stitching in hand!
Also tucked away in my stitching bag is a stack of “rail fence” blocks, made in a variety of New Zealand fabrics and a pale green, together with my trusty Pigma pen.  The plan is to write the name of the places we stay on the pale green fabric, and eventually make the blocks up into a memory quilt of our travels.
DSCF7601 My travelling rail fence blocks

2 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

My husband and I have ONLY been to the south island of New Zealand and crammed that visit into one week! How wonderful for you to go for three months. We saw some glorious sites and the place I'd love to visit again is Doubtful Sound. Breathtaking! Have a wonderful time.

KiwiRobbie said...

Will look out for you as you meander past!!I'm in North Canty. Sounds like you'll have a blast!