Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Sew Carterton

We are currently enjoying our caravan holiday at the Carterton Motor Camp, soaking up the lovely Wairarapa sunshine.  Walking uptown, I came across Sew Carterton, and popped in to check it out.   I didn’t realise that Carterton had it’s own craft shop, and Pam, the owner told me that she opened her shop in March 2011.  Being so new, it’s no wonder I had not discovered it earlier.   It is always so nice to look through a quilting shop on our travels.
DSCF8584 Pretty quilt on the wall
Sew Carterton has a nice range of quilt fabrics, and I enjoyed having a look through the shelves.  Pam has lots of the New Zealand themed fabric in store too, this is very popular with locals and tourists alike, she tells me.
DSCF8586View of the shop, with Pam at the counter
DSCF8585Quilt fabrics on display
This shop also caters for knitters and those who do all kinds of stitching.  There is a huge selection of buttons and lots of interesting trimmings to be found displayed in the wall cabinet.  This is a lovely shop and everything is very nicely presented, so do pop in if you are passing by.  I certainly wish Pam well with her new venture.  
DSCF8587 Threads, buttons and trims
I haven’t been idle just because we are on holiday, and never travel without my bag of hand stitching.  To date while relaxing under our shady gazebo in camp I  have completed a little Christmas stitchery, and am currently working on a couple of teddy bear  stitcheries.  And read a couple of books, chatted to the other campers, and generally having a relaxing time.  We have been out and about too, checking out the local attractions.  Do check out our travel blog on www.romanyrambler.blogspot.com to follow our adventures.  
DSCF8574 We climbed up to Castlepoint Lighthouse

2 comments:

June said...

I've been reading your Rambler blog and couldn't help but notice the huge change to the lighthouse access! and thanks for the heads up for the Carterton quilt shop - I must be overdue for a trip over the hill, it used to be a favourite to 'do' all the second hand shops. Happy new year Jenny.

Katie said...

I love that pretty quilt on the wall!