Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

On the cutting board

I’ve been busy at the cutting board today.  With several Christmas projects planned, I thought I should get on with it.  First I cut out this green fabric, and interfacing.  Any guess what this will be?
DSCF7773 Green Christmas project
Next was some rich traditional Christmas red and green.  This is for a swap so it’s still a secret.
DSCF7774  Fabric for a Christmas Swap
I love Christmas craft magazines and have collected quite a good supply over the years.  My secret swap pattern is in this one, an Australian Handmade magazine, and so far I’ve traced off a couple of hearts.
DSCF7776 Handmade Christmas magazine
I don’t know how other people cope, but I tend to get a bit stressed with Christmas approaching, with my long list of  Christmas projects.  Some I really must make, such as my swap.    Then there are a few items I would really like to make, if I can fit them in OK.  And did I ever mention the large Christmas quilt which is sitting there feeling sorry for itself as it is still only half machine quilted after all this time?  Guess my “time management” skills need a bit of a shake-up!

1 comment:

FlourishingPalms said...

Ahh, that's what happens when one is retired. We think we have all the time in the world. Each day we putter around doing this and that, and before you know it, the day's nearly over and... "What?! I never made it to the sewing machine!" You're in good company, but we do need to change our ways and adopt MOTIVATION. Easier said than done.