Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy Birthday to me

I had a wonderful time opening my parcels from overseas on my birthday. I couldn’t possibly open them early, so they were carefully packed away in the caravan when we travelled up to Himatangi. I couldn’t help myself and had to open the big fat squishy one first. Wonder what it could be? It was a cushion, and just beautiful. Diane had taken a photo of our beautiful Birman Muffy off our blog, and printed it on fabric. There she is, fast asleep on top of a quilt on our bed. What a wonderful gift, I’ll keep this cushion on our bed at home.

DSCF4553

But that wasn’t all. Diane had obviously been spending a lot of time on the photo function on her computer. She sent me three photo collages, all using photos from our blog. There were two showing Robin and I getting up to all sorts of fun at social outings, and one collage of photos of Muffy.

DSCF4554 Three photo collages

The backgrounds are very clever too, there is a photo of of caravan in one, a lovely scene in another, and Muffy’s photos are laid on top of a flower. They are so creative, and so very personal. Here is a close up of Muffy’s collage so it can be seen in more detail.

DSCF4555Photos of Muffy

Several of my pen friends were lucky enough to attend that wonderful Quilt Show at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London earlier in the year. Not only did they get to the show they went shopping and brought me a birthday present too! The fat quarters of patchwork fabric are a limited edition design taken from a coverlet made in 1830. The six coasters feature details from the Sundial Quilt, made in 1797. And then I have a beautiful 2011 diary full of pictures of quilts from the exhibition, lovely old needle cases, chatelaines, and work boxes. Thank you so much Glennis, Janet and Elaine.

DSCF4556Gifts from The V & A Quilt Exhibition

There are even more lovely quilt related gifts (even my DH bought me “something quilty”) but you will have to be patient and I’ll show them tomorrow.

1 comment:

Maria said...

So pleased you had a lovely birthday and what beautiful gifts you received.